Sunday, November 30, 2008

Maiden Voyage

Well, here goes nothing. I will attempt to join the ranks of the accomplished bloggers out there and not just be a "peeping Tom" so to speak. Sitting here at this moment, my mind goes blank. All the reasonably intelligent things I was going to say are just gone and I have this cursor just sitting there blinking, blinking, blinking....... Any way, I think I'll start with Michael's tag.

1. Five names you go by:
a.) Suzette
b.) Suzie (never Sue, thank you very much)
c.) Mom
d.) Nurse
e.) Boss Lady (no snickering, Mike)

2. Three things you are wearing right now:
a.) ratty T-shirt
b.) ratty shorts
c.) fairly decent socks

3. Two things you want very badly at the moment:
a.) better technological skills
b.) to sleep well at night

4. Three people who will probably fill this out:
?????

5. Two things you did last night:
a.) attended a family Thanksgiving
b.) got called into work (thereby having to leave the afore mentioned Thanksgiving)

6. Two things you ate today:
a.) some really good left over turkey cassarole
b.) mint chocolate chip ice cream

7. Two people you last talked to on the phone:
a.) father in law
b.) husband

8. Two things you are going to do tomorrow:
a.) work
b.) start diet

9.) Two longest car rides:
a.) Drove from Iowa to California in a 1974 Chevy Nova with my some of my family (5 people in all) and camped the entire way there and back - approx 2 weeks. Fun, fun, fun.
b.) once attemped to take a "short cut" from Cedar Rapids to home, which turned the whole thing into the ride home from hell.

10. Two of your favorite beverages:
a.) Diet Pepsi
b.) French Vanilla Cappuchino

So, as Scarlet would say, tomorrow is another day. Maybe the writers block will be gone by then.

8 comments:

janban said...

Nice work Suzette! I especially liked the part about not sleeping well, which explains why I'm up at 12:30 am typing this.
It is difficult to think of intelligent things to blog about sometimes, but who says it has to be intelligent? Take my blog for example.....
I'm glad you've "revealed" yourself and come out of the shadows!!

michaelg said...

Welcome to blogging! Your outfit (#2)is hawt.

Let's get skinny for our 25th Reunion. Good idea. And if we're not skinny enough, we'll skip out a go to a buffet.

michaelg said...

Oh, and if you're afraid of not blogging about intelligent things, you're writing the wrong kind of blog. See mine for examples of how to just let your mind run free. :o)

Little Sister said...

Suzie-WELCOME! I imagine the shortcut from CR to home involved Quasqueton?
I too will join you and Michael in a "Get skinny for '09" diet. Being a stay-at-home Mom has put some pounds on me. Must get up and move now. Ciao, Bella.

Scott J. said...

Huzzah! Now, where's this picture we keep hearing about?

Esther said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! There's always room for one more. One of the great things about blogging is that you can write about whatever you want, as much as you want, and you can revise endlessly. (Actually, that's three things.) So jump right in. I think you're off to a great start! And I wish I had some mint chocolate chip ice cream right now.

brenda k said...

I have a great diet plan if anyone wants it. The only requirement is that you must have good insurance as not to drive you into financial ruin and about 2 months over 2 years to spend in the hospital!

On the other hand.....I hear Jenny Craig works too!

Welcome Suzie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mnmom said...

Welcome Suzy! This is Little Sister's big sister, your sister J's friend. You'll love blogging!