Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hello, again

Yep, still here. Man the days fly by and before you know it, you're several days, several projects, and several pounds behind schedule. Story of my life. Anyway, I had an interesting conversation with my mother recently. In light of recent lay offs at her place of employment, she decided to retire. She felt guilty having a position when others were losing their jobs, so the decision came about rather abruptly. Not that she hadn't been thinking about it for awhile, but hadn't settled on when until very recently. So she has been retired for approximately 2 weeks or so (which means both she and my father are at home at the same time now). The last time I spoke to her she made some reference about finding an apartment if this is how retirement was going to be and that "my father" was driving her crazy. It's funny how he becomes my father as though I'm the one who picked him out of a crowd. Listen lady, you married him 50years ago so get used to it. I shudder to answer the phone at times. I don't know if I can deal with both my parents' and my teenagers' relationship issues at the same time.

4 comments:

michaelg said...

Maybe it's time for Brian to build a mother-in-law apartment on to your house so she has somewhere to go when feeling homicidal.

suzieQ said...

We may have to make it more of a commune I think. A little cabin for my mother, one for his mother, and any other misc. relatives.

brenda k said...

Wow! I am laughing but - I imagine it is quite an adjustment for those two! I called her last week and when I asked what she has been up to she said, "Oh, I am at loose ends I guess!" Loose ends=retirement!

I better call her up and see if she wants to spend some of your inheritance at the boat some day soon!

suzieQ said...

Excellent Idea!!Thank God for the diversion of gambling and buffets to keep a couple happy.